What Did Confederate Soldiers Leave Behind at GETTYSBURG??? | American Artifact Episode 32
In episode 28 of American Artifact, we told the story of how Fred Pfeffer (who is the great great grandfather of Erik Dorr) accidentally unearthed the graves of soldiers from the 11th Mississippi who died in Pickett’s Charge on Day 3 of the Battle of Gettysburg. In this episode, we’re telling a little bit more of the story of the Pfeffer collection and how some extremely unique artifacts ended up being left behind by the Confederates after the battle.
This episode was produced in partnership with The Gettysburg Museum of History. See how you can support history education & artifact preservation by visiting their website & store at https://www.gettysburgmuseumofhistory.com
Get your History Underground MERCH at www.thehistoryundergroundstore.com
Set yourself up with a 10% DISCOUNT on all Origin gear and nutritional products by entering the code “history10” at www.originmaine.com!
Other episodes that you might enjoy:
– Gettysburg Relics of the Confederate Dead at Pickett’s Charge | American Artifact Episode 28: https://youtu.be/ucnfDYy-_s0
– The James Gang: From the FIRST ROBBERY to the FINAL SURRENDER | History Traveler Episode 213: https://youtu.be/QbcCcPLXRkw
– The Bullet That Killed Lincoln!!! | History Traveler Episode 15: https://youtu.be/AQabZQqIRzY
– Gettysburg’s Most STUNNING Artifact Collection (JFK, Marilyn Monroe) | History Traveler Episode 148: https://youtu.be/BPV1BRYRa3s
– The Assassination of Lincoln & Ford’s Theatre | History Traveler Episode 25: https://youtu.be/-dzMLvXVdm0
Support the effort to expand history education on PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/historyunderground
All drone footage was shot outside of park boundaries by a part 107 licensed drone pilot.